Kinds of hosting solutions
A hosting service appertains to saving and/or sharing specific content on a web server handled by a website hosting provider. There are different types of hosting services used for different aims, so let's take a look at these. In this way, you can choose what you want, depending on whether you'd like to have a weblog, e-mailbox accounts, or to share files with chums and associates.
- File hosting: a service furnished by various vendors, which enables you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its single function is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a register of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php website files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting services are often supported by showing ads next to the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a specific span of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you buy a paid file storage account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting suppliers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a completely amiss explanation of the actual denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would split the tasks at hand between independent groups of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving different webspace hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, website hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is only a type of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; some corporations offer a hosting service for images solely. This hosting variant is appropriate if you want to share a huge number of pictures with buddies or associates since the solution is usually free. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each and every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a service committed to administering your email address accounts. Some companies provide web space hosting services for sites, but do not offer an e-mail hosting solution. If you wish to manage an e-mail address with your domain name but do not wish to run a site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can set up e-mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a particular video clip, or you can embed the video file in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of utilizing this method instead of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video clip creates a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with several video files and a few hundred web site visitors, you may have a hard time with your web hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will allow you to use as many video files as you desire without hassling about system quotas.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to own a website. To a certain degree, it contains all of the aforementioned hosting kinds since, along with your websites, you can also host images and files, you can run databases and email accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At HD Web Hosting, for instance, you can take a peek at web hosting and dedicated server hosting plans that allow you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in a single location. There may be restrictions depending on the form of hosting solution that you've picked - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web page hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the standard e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are planned for particular web content only.